Monday, April 23, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #613

I confess, I confess! Have mercy on my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #613 for April 23, 2018. The drawing is by Pia Guerra.

"It's called good cop, bad clown."


I'm pleading the Fifth on these captions:
"Talk or the doggie bites it."
"Your alibi is about to go pffft."
"We're prepared to offer you a sentence

in dog years."


April 30, 2018 Update: The Finalists


May 7, 2018 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


May 14, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Tom Toro brought Charles Darwin to a crime scene. My caption was an unnatural selection. Investigate Contest #612.

This is Pia Guerra's first appearance on this blog. There's no going back, Pia.

02524

No comments:

Post a Comment